John & Richard Holt
At Great House Farm, John and Richard Holt (that's us!) are committed to our top quality lamb.
You can be confident that what you purchase from us is top quality, and backed by the British Quality Assured standard mark. This means your meat is of excellent eating quality and comes to you direct from our farm, thus reducing administration and distribution costs.
When you purchase meat from us, you're buying from the very same farmers to have reared and produced it.
We are committed to providing top quality lamb
Local Farmer's Markets
We aren't a retail outlets, we're genuine farmers - that's why you can only find our produce at local farmer's markets across the region.
Over the years, we have become regular traders at many farmer's markets and our regular customers are testimony to the quality of our lamb and bacon.
Buy J & R Holt quality lamb from the following markets:
- Altrincham - 1st Friday of every month
- Penwortham - 1st Saturday of every month
- Magul - 1st Sunday of every month
- Helmshore - 1st Sunday of every month
- Stalybridge - 2nd Saturday of every month
- Ramsbottom - 2nd Sunday of every month
- Prestwich - Quarterly Sundays
- Colne - 3rd Saturday of every month
- Hoghton Towers - 3rd Sunday of every month
- Southport - Last Thursday of every month
- Poulton-le-Fylde - 4th Saturday of every month
- Bolton - 4th Sunday of every month
- Ashton-under-Lyne - Last Sunday of every month
Find us at Altrincham, Ashton-u-Lyne, Bolton, Colne, Helmshore, Hoghton Towers, Magul, Penwortham, Ramsbottom, Poulton-le-Fylde, Prestwich, Southport & Stalybridge
Local Is Best
What are the benefits of buying your lamb and bacon from us at a local farmer's market?
- Our produce spends less time 'in travel'
- Arrives at your table fresher
- Increased taste, tenderness and nutrition
- Fewer food miles is good for the evironment
- Supporting local business, local farmers
Need we say more? LOCAL IS BEST - BY MILES
Ring your order direct on 01706 212296, and simply collect at your local farmer's market!
We can supply the very best of British beef, guaranteed to be heifer beef and hung for a minimum of four weeks to ensure perfection.
Unlike our other produce, the beef we provide is not reared at Great House Farm. It is however sourced from the very best local beef farmers and sold direct to you via J. & R. Holt.
Great catering begins with great produce.
That's why catering trade enquiries are always welcomed, and we encourage providers of local quality meats.
Why not give us a call and discover what we can do for catering business?
- Neck of Lamb
- each £3.75
- Breast of Lamb
- each £3.50
- Lamb's Kidney
- (each) £0.80
- Half Shoulder
- (each) £6.50
- Full Shoulder
- (each) £13.00
- Lamb's Liver
- (per kg) £5.80
- (per lb) £2.63
- Half Leg of Lamb
- (per kg) £7.10
- (per lb) £3.22
- Lamb Leg Fillet
- (per kg) £8.30
- (per lb) £3.77
- Full Leg Fillet
- (per kg) £7.70
- (per lb) £3.50
- Leg Steaks
- (per kg) £8.95
- (per lb) £4.06
- Loin Chops
- (per kg) £10.20
- (per lb) £4.63
- Lamb Cutlets
- (per kg) £9.50
- (per lb) £4.31
- Chump Chops
- (per kg) £10.40
- (per lb) £4.72
- Back Bacon
- (per kg) £11.00
- (per lb) £5.00
- Minced Lamb
- (per kg) £8.95
- (per lb) £4.06
- Diced Lamb
- (per kg) £10.90
- (per lb) £4.95
- Lamb Henrys
- (each) £3.50
- Lamb Hearts
- (each) £1.50
- Sirloin Steaks
- (per kg) £20.00
- (per lb) £9.09
- Rump Steaks
- (per kg) £13.50
- (per lb) £6.13
- Fillet Steaks
- (per kg) £29.00
- (per lb) £13.18
*Prices may change without prior notice